Aramco Services Company (collectively with certain entities under our control, “Aramco Americas” or “we”), follows strict guidelines to protect personal data and ensures compliance with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
Your privacy is important to us and maintaining your trust is a priority. This Privacy Statement informs you that information submitted by you or collected by Aramco Americas may be processed for the purposes below.
1. Aramco Americas Websites
This Privacy Statement applies when you use the Aramco Americas website (https://americas.aramco.com/) or any other website or other service that links to or refers to this Statement (collectively, the “Services”). The Services may include links to other websites of other businesses, products and services, each of which may have their own privacy notices. These third-party websites and services are outside of our control, and they may send their own cookies to you, collect data, or solicit personal information from you. This Privacy Statement does not apply to information collected through other websites or online services. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by other websites or other services. When visiting any other websites, please review and familiarize yourself with the relevant privacy notices.
2. Information we collect
When you use the Services we may collect information about you (“Personal Data”). This includes information you may provide or provided about you such as:
- Contact details (such as telephone numbers, email address and address)
- User login data
- Demographic data (e.g. date of birth)
- Information about your interests and preferences
- If applying for a job, employment history, nationality, and other relevant information to enable us to conduct background checks
- Any other information that you submit to us electronically or offline
We may also collect information about your use of the Services. For example, we may collect:
- Device information (e.g., your IP address or the settings of the device you use to access the Services)
- Usage information (such as the number of visitors on a specific page of the Services, how long you stay on a page, or which hyperlinks you click on), we collect this information, in part, through the use of technologies such as cookies and web beacons depending on your device settings, location information
- We may infer or generate information about you based on your interactions with us or other information we collect described above.
We may receive information about you from publicly and commercially available sources (as permitted by law), which we may combine with other information we collect when you visit our Services or we receive from or about you. This may include (but is not limited to) websites where you publicly include information about yourself such as social media sites, including (but not limited to) Linked-in, Twitter, job sites or from other third party sources.
We may aggregate or de-identify the information described above. Aggregated or de-identified data is not subject to this Privacy Statement.
3. Collection, processing and use of your Personal Data
We may use the Personal Data we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To provide you the services, products, or other materials you requested and related communications, for example registering you to become a supplier or processing your job application;
- Contacting you for partnership, supplier, or other business opportunities;
- Business execution including entering into of agreements with customers, suppliers and managing relationships with such parties;
- Communicating to our customers, investors, prospective and existing employees, including for advertising and marketing purposes;
- To improve our business and for our analysis and research;
- Legal and/or regulatory compliance reasons including litigation and defense of claims;
- Otherwise with your consent.
We may also use your Personal Data as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce, or defend our legal rights, privacy, safety, or property, our employees or agents, or other users and to comply with applicable law.
4. How we might share your Personal Data
As described in more detail below, we may disclose Personal Data to third parties for business purposes, including without limitation, to comply with legal requirements, to protect against criminal and malicious activity, for purposes of marketing and other services performed on our
behalf, and for other business purposes described in this Privacy Statement. In addition, your Personal Data may be accessible to third parties with whom you interact or direct us to share your Personal Data.
We may share your Personal Data with third parties where:
- We need assistance from third parties, such as to grant you access to the Services and facilitate posting of information, content and/or otherwise operate the Services;
- We have a public or legal duty to do so (e.g., assisting with detection of crime, regulatory reporting, litigation, or defending legal rights);
- To a competent public authority, government or regulatory agency where it is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory compliance obligation which we are subject to or as permitted by applicable local law;
- In the event of a reorganization, merger, divestment or other sale of some or all of our assets or stock, or in connection with a bankruptcy reorganization;
- Within our family of affiliated companies, such as with our parent company and with its subsidiaries and corporate affiliates;
- Where required to our professional advisers or consultants, including lawyers, bankers, auditors, accountants and insurers providing consultancy, legal, banking, audit, accounting or insurance services to us;
- To enforce or apply any agreements we have with you;
- To third party suppliers or service providers who we use to support our business, including but not limited to the operation of the Services; or
- We asked for your permission to share your Personal Data and you agreed.
We do not sell or rent your Personal Data.
5. Social Media
We may use social media sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. If you use these services, you should review their privacy notice(s) for more information on how they deal with your Personal Data.
Social media platforms also allow you to indicate your preferences to them about the advertising you receive on their platforms. Please contact your social media platforms for more information.
6. How we protect and handle your Personal Data
We use technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Data we process about you. However, please note that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. As a result, although we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot
guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your Personal Data.
7. International data transfers
Aramco Americas is headquartered in the United States. Please be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of the Services may be collected in your country and subsequently transferred to the United States or to other countries in accordance with applicable law. The laws on processing such information in these locations may be less stringent than in your country. We will take all steps reasonably necessary and/or required by applicable data protection laws to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement and applicable law.
8. Online tracking
Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which a user communicates. There is no industry standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established and accepted, we may revisit our policy on responding to these signals.
9. Job applicants
If you apply for a job through the Services, then the Personal Data you provide or make available to us—which may include employment history, nationality, date of birth, the results of aptitude or skills tests, and other relevant information—will be used and retained for recruiting, compliance, and other human resources purposes.
If you have applied for a job in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, please also consult our parent company's privacy statement (https://www.saudiaramco.com/en/website-information/privacy-statement) for information about its privacy practices.
10. Your choices and rights to control your Personal Data
You may opt out of receiving future commercial email or text messages from us by following the opt-out instructions in emails or texts we send you, or by contacting us. Please be aware that if you opt out of receiving commercial messages from us, it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process your opt-out request, and you may receive commercial messages from us during
that period. Please note that if you opt out of future text messages, this opt-out list is separate from our email preferences and opt-out lists.
Even if you opt out of receiving promotional and marketing material, we may still correspond with you about your existing or past business relationships with us (e.g., any purchase of our products or use of our services, or responses to your requests for information either through the Services or other means). We may also access and view your information in the course of maintaining and improving the Services.
You also may have the right to request access to, or deletion of, your Personal Data under applicable laws. These rights apply only in certain circumstances, which means we may be unable (e.g., due to legal requirements) or not obligated to satisfy your request. In some cases, we may need to collect additional information from you in order to verify your identify before we provide access to or delete your information, such as a government-issued identification. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights, but may not be able to provide you with services or programs that you have requested if we are not able to use your information. To submit requests, please contact us using the contact information listed below, under “Contact Us.”
This Privacy Statement also serves to communicate to you information that you may be entitled to under state laws about the information we have collected about you, how we have shared your information, and whether we have sold your information in the preceding 12 months. If you have additional questions, please contact us using the contact information listed below, under “Contact Us.”
11. Children's privacy
We do not knowingly collect any Personal Data from children under the age of 13 without parental consent, unless permitted by law. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Data, we will delete it in accordance with applicable law.
12. Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may modify this Privacy Statement from time to time. Any changes to the Privacy Statement will become effective when the updated Privacy Statement is posted on the Services. We recommend that you revisit this Privacy Statement periodically to ensure that you are aware of our current privacy practices, although we may also elect to notify you by e-mail or by posting something on some or all of the Services. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of changes will mean that you accept the Privacy Statement and any changes.
13. Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Statement, please contact us here.