At Aramco Americas (collectively with entities under our control, “Aramco Americas” or “we”), your privacy is important to us and maintaining your trust is a priority. Therefore, we follow guidelines to protect personal data and ensures compliance with applicable data protection laws and regulations. We have prepared this Privacy Notice, which informs you that information submitted by you or collected by Aramco Americas may be used for the purposes below.
Aramco Americas website
Information we collect
When you use the Site we may collect information about you (“Personal Data”). This includes information you may provide or provided about you such as:
- Identifiers such as contact information, name, address, and email address
- Telephone number
- User login data
- Demographic data (e.g., date of birth)
- If applying for a job, employment history, nationality, date of birth, and other relevant information to enable us to conduct background checks
- Transaction and billing data, such as credit card or other payment information
- Information about your interests and preferences
- Any other information that you submit to us electronically or offline
We may also collect information about your use of the Site. For example, we may collect:
- Device information (e.g., your IP address or the settings of the device you use to access the Site)
- Usage information (such as the number of visitors on a specific page of the Site, how long you stay on a page, or which hyperlinks you click on), we collect this information, in part, through the use of technologies such as cookies and web beacons depending on your device settings, location information
- We may infer or generate information about you based on your interactions with us or other information we collect described above.
We may receive information about you from publicly and commercially available sources, as permitted by law, which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you. This may include (but is not limited to) websites where you publicly include information about yourself such as social media sites, including (but not limited to) Linked-in, Twitter, job sites or from other third party sources.
How we process and use of your Personal Data
We may use the personal information we collect about you for the following business and commercial purposes:
- To provide you the services, products, or other materials you requested and related communications, for example registering you to become a supplier or processing your job application;
- Contacting you for partnership, supplier, or other business opportunities;
- Business execution including entering into of agreements with customers, suppliers and managing relationships with such parties;
- Communicating to our customers, investors, prospective and existing employees, including for advertising and marketing purposes;
- To improve our business, including to develop new products, and for our analysis and research.
- Legal and/or regulatory compliance reasons including litigation and defense of claims;
- Otherwise with your consent.
We may also use your personal information as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of the Site, its employees or agents, or other users and to comply with applicable law.
How we might share your Personal Data
- We need assistance from third parties, such as to grant you access to the Site and facilitate posting of information, content and/or otherwise operate the Site;
- We have a public or legal duty to do so (e.g., assisting with detection of crime, regulatory reporting, litigation, or defending legal rights);
- To a competent public authority, government or regulatory agency where it is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory compliance obligation which we are subject to or as permitted by applicable local law;
- We asked for your permission to share your Personal Data and you agreed;
- Within our family of affiliated companies, such as with our parent company and with its subsidiaries and corporate affiliates;
- In the event of a reorganization, merger, divestment or other sale of some or all of our assets or stock, or in connection with a bankruptcy reorganization;
- To enforce or apply any agreements we have with you;
- To third party suppliers or service providers who we use to support our business, including but not limited to the operation of this Site.
We also may share other information with third parties in a manner that does not identify particular visitors.
Cookies. Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies may be used to store a unique identification number tied to your computer or device so that you can be recognized as the same user across one or more browsing sessions, and across one or more sites.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. Your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. For example, you may be able to configure your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being sent. For more information about whether these settings are available, what they do, and how they work, visit your browser help material. Please be aware that some features of the Services may not function properly or may be slower if you disable cookies.
Web Beacons and Other Tracking Technologies. We, along with third parties, also may use other tracking technologies. For example, we may use technologies called beacons (or “pixels”) that communicate information from your device to a server. Beacons can be embedded in online content, videos, and emails, and can allow a server to read certain types of information from your device, know when you have viewed particular content or a particular email message, determine the time and date on which you viewed the web beacon, and the IP address of your device. We and third parties use web beacons for a variety of purposes, including to analyze the use of our Services and (in conjunction with cookies).
Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which a user communicates. There is no industry standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established and accepted, we may revisit our policy on responding to these signals.
Third Party Content and Links
Some of these companies participate in industry-developed programs designed to provide consumers choices about whether to receive targeted advertising. Please visit the websites operated by the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance to learn more.
The Site may link to third-party websites and services that our outside of our control. These other sites may send their own cookies to you, collect data, or solicit personal information from you. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by other websites or other services. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and terms and conditions on those linked sites.
Your Choices and Rights to Control Your Information
You may opt out of receiving future commercial email or text messages from us by following the opt-out instructions in emails or texts we send you, or by contacting us. Please be aware that if you opt out of receiving commercial messages from us, it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process your opt-out request, and you may receive commercial messages from us during that period. Please note that if you opt out of future text messages, this opt-out list is separate from our email preferences and opt-out lists.
Even if you opt out of receiving promotional and marketing material, we may still correspond with you about your existing or past business relationships with us (e.g., any purchase of our products or use of our services, or responses to your requests for information either through the Services or other means). We may also access and view your information in the course of maintaining and improving the Services.
You also may have the right to request access to, or deletion of, your personal information under applicable laws. These rights apply only in certain circumstances, which means we may be unable (e.g., due to legal requirements) or not obligated to satisfy your request. In some cases, we may need to collect additional information from you in order to verify your identify before we provide access to or delete your information, such as a government-issued identification. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights, but may not be able to provide you with services or programs that you have requested if we are not able to use your information. To submit requests, please contact us using the contact information listed below, under “Contact Us.”
How we protect and handle your Personal Data
We use technical and organizational measures to protect personal information we process about you. However, please note that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. As a result, although we strive to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information.
International data transfers
The Site is headquartered in the United States. Please be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of the Site may be collected in your country and subsequently transferred to the United States or to other countries in accordance with applicable law. The laws on processing such information in these locations may be less stringent than in your country.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent, unless permitted by law. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete it in accordance with applicable law.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact us here.